Mushroom butter masala - A delicious
punjabi recipe with mushroom cooked in a tomato based gravy with the richness of cream and cashews.
Mushroom : 500g, halved
Onion : 2, Cubed
Ginger : 1inch piece
Garlic : 5cloves
Green Chilli : 2
Chilli Powder : 2tsp
Corander Leaves : 1/4Cup, Chopped
Garam Masala : 1/2tsp
Cumin powder : 1/2tsp
Kasoori Methi Powder : 1/2tsp
Tomato : 2, make a paste
Cashew : 10, Soaked in water
Cream : 1/2Cup
Sugar : 1tsp
Butter : 1tbsp
Oil : 1tbsp
Tomato Sauce : 2 1/2tbsp
Orange-Red Food Color : a pinch
1. Heat oil in a pan and cook the onions for 5minutes.Remove from fire and let it reach room temperature. Now grind along with soaked cashews. Keep aside.
2. Make a paste of ginger, garlic, green chillies and half of coriander leaves.
3. Heat butter in a kadai. Add the paste of ginger, garlic, green chillies and coriander leaves and saute for 5minutes in medium flame.
4. Now turn to low flame and add chilli powder and cumin powder. Add tomato paste and tomato sauce after few minutes and saute well till oil appears and water absorbs completely from tomatoes.
5. Now add mushrooms and saute well for 2minutes. Add 1 1/2 Cups of water and close the kadai with a tight lid. After 5minutes add Onion-cashew paste, salt, garam masala, kasoori methi powder, sugar and food color (mixed with 1tbsp of water).
6. Cook for 5minutes in medium flame and finally add cream and coriander leaves. turn of the flame immedietly after combining cream to the gravy.
7. Serve hot with any indian flat bread / pulao
Note :You can add capsicum or green peas to the butter masala. if adding capsicum add it in the 4th step before tomato paste. If your choice is fresh green piece add it along with mushrooms in 5th step.