Happy New Year!!!
Fresh Orange : 2 / 1Cup orange flavored Tang
Powdered Sugar : 1/2Cup + 2tbsp
Fresh Cream : 1 1/2Cup, beaten slightly
Gelatin : 1tbsp
Cold water : 1/4Cup
Egg White from 2 eggs
Orange Food Color : a pinch(optional)
1. Soak gelatin in 1/4Cup water for 5 minutes.
2. Take the orange juice and rind from the oranges. Now add enough water in juice to make it 1Cup and bring to boil. Add the soaked gelatin it it and stir to melt the gelatin.
3. When its completely cooled put in freezer for 5minutes to make it slightly firm.
4. Now take it out from freezer and put in a glass vessel along with powdered sugar, food color and essence. Beat for 2minutes in high speed. Now add cream and orange rind. combine slowly with rubber spatula.
5. In another glass vessel beat egg whites to make meringue. (Beat eggs only when they are at room temperature. any trace of yolk will ruin your meringue.) When egg white reaches soft-peak stage add 2tbsp sugar slowly 1tbsp at a time. Now fold this slowly to this pudding mixture and combine well.
6. Now cover and transfer this to a pudding dish and allow to cool. Keep in freezer for 1 hour and then transfer to the lowest rack in refrigerator.
7. Top the pudding with orange slice / orange rind / whipped cream / chocolate curls.
Note : this is the best pudding for a beginner to understand how to use gelatin in puddings.