Peshawar is the oldest living city of Asia.
Peshwari chicken is a unique curry made by Afghan tribes and northern Pakisthani people (Peshwari's). Its an easy chicken dish in which 90% is done with marination and only 10minutes needed for cooking.
Chicken : 1/2kg, medium, Cleaned
Onion : 1/2, Sliced
Turmeric Powder : 1/4tsp
Ghee : 5tbsp + 1tbsp
Lemon juice : 1tsp
First marination :
Chilli powder : 1tsp
Coriander powder : 1tsp
Pepper powder : 1tsp
Cumin seeds : 1/2tsp
Fenugreek Seeds : 1/4tsp
Fennel Powder : 1/4tsp
Cardamom : 3
Cloves : 3
Cinaamon : 1 inch piece
Second Marination :
Onion : 1,medium, finely chopped
Ginger : 1 1/2inch piece, finely chopped
Coriander leaves : 1/4Cup
Greenchilli : 3
1. Clean the chicken and cut into medium sizes.
2. Dry roast all the ingriedients of first marination and Keep aside. Add lemon juice and salt to it and marinate the chicken pieces in it for 30minutes.
3. Grind all ingredients under second marination using a mixer and combine it with turmeric powder and curd. Pour it to the marinated chicken pieces and combine well. Cover the vessel with a cling film and transfer to the refrigerator.Marinate for another 2hours.
4. Boil the chicken pieces along with the masala in medium flame. No need to add water. When the chicken pieces are cooked and masala starts to coat on it, add ghee and roast the chicken pieces till they turn to golden brown in color.
5. In another pan heat 1tbsp of ghee and golden fry the onion slices. Garnish the Peshwari chicken with this and serve hot.