Pazham pradhaman is my husbands favorite kheer. It is made from ripe nenthra pazham or bananas cooked in thick jaggery syrup and coconut milk .
Really ripe banana: 2
Jaggery : 1/2Cup
Ghee : 5tbsp
Dried Coconut Slices : 1/4Cup, cut into thin slices
Cashews : 1tbsp
Raisins : 1tbsp
Cardamom Powder : 1/2tsp
First extract of Coconut milk : 1/2Cup
Second extract of coconut milk : 1Cup
1. Melt jaggery on a medium flame for 15minutes. Heat the filtered syrup again on a low flame to make it thick.
2.Pressure cook the chopped bananas and keep aside to cool. Now peel of the skin and remove the string of black seeds in the middle neatly.
3. Using a mixer mash the cooked plantain. There should not be any lumps.
4. In a heavy bottom vessel, heat 3tbsp of ghee and golden fry the dry coconut slices, cashews and raisins in same order.
5. Add the mashed banana along with the jaggery to the same vessel and combine well. Add remaining ghee and keep stirring till it starts to stick to the bottom of vessel.
6. At this stage add the second extract of coconut milk and combine slowly. When it boils add the first extract of coconut milk and cook in low flame.
7. Add the cardamom powder and turn off the flame.
8. Garnish with golden fried coconut slices, cashews and raisins
9. Enjoy!!! :)
You might also like,