These rich, dark chocolatey muffins studded with walnuts and topped with creamy vanilla butter frosting and dusted with grated dark chocolate.
Unsalted Butter : 170g
Plain Chocolate : 140g
Castor Sugar : 200g
Dark Brown Sugar : 55g
Eggs : 4
Vanilla Essence : 1tsp
Almond Essence : 1tsp
Plain Flour : 110g
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder : 1tbsp
2. Melt the butter with the chocolate in the top of a double boiler or in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of hot water. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
3. Stir both the sugars into the chocolate mixture. Mix in the eggs, 1at a time, then add the vanilla and almond essences.
4. Sift over the flour and cocoa.
5. Fold in and stir in the walnuts.
6. Fill the prepared cups almost to the top and bake until a skewer inserted in the centre barely comes out clean, 10-15 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before turning out onto a rack to cool completely.
Recipe Courtesy : "Baking" by Martha Day.Sending it to Shabitha's event Virtual Party - Chocolaty Dreams.