An easy recipe using vermicelli, which can be served as a dessert..
Vermicelli : 1CupMilk : 2CupSugar : 3/4CupGhee : 1/4CupCashews : 1/4Cup, ChoppedRaisins : 3tspStrawberry Syrup : Strawberry Crush 5tsp / Strawberry jam 4tsp Mixed in 6tsp WaterElaichi : 2tsp, Powdered
1. Fry the cashews and raisins in 2tsp of ghee until golden brown and keep aside.
2. Add 1tsp ghee in the same pan and fry the vermicelli until golden brown and keep aside.
3. Add Milk in the same pan and bring into the boiling point and add the vermicelli along with elaichi powder.
4. Now add the strawberry syrup and combine it well with kesari.
5. When the vermicelli is half cooked, add the sugar(Otherwise vermicelli will become like a paste).
6. Add the remaining ghee and saute nicely till it becomes a thick halwa. Add half of the roasted cashew and raisins.
7. Serve hot and garnish with roasted cashew and raisins.
You can make this without strawberry syrup which results in yummy traditional semiya kesari. This is my entry to Strawberry Fest at My Kitchen Treasures..im also sending Strawberry Jelly Delight to this event..